Food Stuck In Wisdom Tooth Hole
You tried all you could but this food particle keeps sticking and never seem to remove. In spite of this stuck, it keeps eating down the gum, hereby grinding you the more.
Oh no! This is a time for your relief. I guess you know to see a professional dentist that’ll remove your tooth enables you a stress-free experience? It’d, however, be an ugly decision when you don’t visit a dentist. Meanwhile, after your molar has been extracted, you’ll see a broad hole under the gum cavity where the wisdom tooth actually was.
Most times, such a hole could be stitched up by the dentist you visit. Although, in specific situations where stitches are not employed, food particles getting stuck in the hole shouldn’t be new to you. It most times leaves you a very uneasy feeling.
Understanding the next steps to take whenever food gets stuck in wisdom tooth hole, food stuck in wisdom tooth hole 2 weeks after and How To Get Food Out Of Wisdom Tooth Hole, is the main purpose behind what you’ll learn today.
What Are Wisdom Teeth?
These are the form of tooth regarded as the last or third molars. And they’re actually the set of teeth meant to come out last. Around ages 17 through 25, they’re supposed to grow in every human being’s oral cavity. Some may grow out as early as 16 years and seldom, later than 25years of age.
Related: Benefit Of Gum Massage
But after age 26, if the wisdom teeth refuse to come up, it could either be trapped in the jaw bone as a result of inadequate space or it is probably missing.
What Exactly Happens After The Wisdom Tooth Gets Removed?
As soon as the wisdom tooth undergoes an extraction, a dentist can stitch up the hole. Usually, it’s done in events of surgical extraction when the tooth is impacted (trapped in the jaw bone), or the tooth is not adequately aligned.
Perhaps, stitches can also be used in cases of much bleeding. In case this extraction became a usual extraction, stitches are often not mandatory.
Immediately the bleeding stops, the dentist would give you certain guidelines. So, one of these instructions is to guide against chewing with the side of the extracted tooth for at least 72 hours, for the purpose of preventing food from getting stuck in the hole. (Food Stuck In Wisdom Tooth Hole)
Hence, chewing with one side might not be realistic, so most times you will be recommended on liquid food or diet that requires no much chewing.
How To Get Food Out Of Wisdom Tooth Hole
It’s unavoidable. Food will always get stuck in your wisdom tooth hole.
But what can you do when you find yourself in this difficult condition?
Here is a very informative tip on How To Get Food Out Of Wisdom Tooth Hole
- Be confident
Don’t worry. Everything is fine, even when the food particle panting you refuse to let you off the hook. To attempt an unprofessional action can worsen the issue.
- I urge that you avoid mistaking a blood clot with food.
A blood clot is often made when the bleeding has stopped after an extraction. They can appear grey and look similar to food particles. Cleaning too often, in this case, may remove the clot and cause further implications. (food stuck in wisdom tooth hole 2 weeks after)
- Avoid the use of fingers or any foreign objects to remove food.
Avoid using your tongue to insert a hole too. Because making this mistake can invite bacteria on the wound, and could further affect the healing process.
- Refrain from using toothpick or brooms to prick.
When you do this you only make the tooth hole vulnerable to infections. Worst of it all, it can stimulate the bleeding.
- For the best result use salt and warm water rinse, so as to bring out the food.
You may then swish it around your mouth until the food is separated. Meanwhile, this salt-and-warm-water rinse is prepared by adding a level of a teaspoon of salt into a cup of warm water. Refrain from using hot water.
- You can also use water at a room’s degree of hotness or mouthwash
e.g, ListerineOral- B, and chlorhexidine. The mouthwash is often sold over the counter. Then remember to dilute with water before using it.
- Then, it’s better you use a plastic syringe if the dentist instructs you to.
Because it’ll help you control water flow. It’ll also allow you to clean your wound more effectively. Meanwhile, if not used properly, it can dislodge the blood clot building up. Importantly, remember to confirm from your dentist before you use one. Kindly fill the syringe with slightly warm water.
You can as well use the warm salt water solution as explained. Target the tip of the syringe as close as possible to the site of your wound while avoiding touching the tip. After that, you can wipe the site of the wound to thoroughly clean the wound and prevent infection. Avoid pushing with much force. (1)
- Nevertheless, there’s a device called ‘water pick’.
This device is also regarded as an oral pulsating irrigator, and it targets the water stream at your teeth. A water pick will aid the removal of food particles from your teeth the way a toothpick would without causing harm to your gum.
Hence, you can target the stream of water into that exact location where food particles are stuck. You can then dislodge any particle without harming yourself.
What Can I Do To Prevent Food Getting Stuck?
That ugly feeling of discomfort could actually be avoided. I’ve carefully conducted various researches to find out hacks you can try to set your psychology on a cautious lane. Thus, the below are certain precautions you can adjust your day-to-day habits with:
* Do away with chewing with the side of tooth extraction for at least 72 hours after. Hence, it may not be convenient. Hence, you may be recommended to eat only semi-solid food like custard or foods that don’t require chewing or even liquid foods. Avoid grainy foods like rice or bread because these foods have a high chance of getting stuck in the extraction hole. (Food Stuck In Wisdom Tooth Hole)
* Immediately after the second day of extraction, you can start rinsing the warm saltwater. And you can do this for at least eight times in 24 hours, especially after food. And this could be actualized to rinse out any particles that got stuck and also to keep the area free of particles. (food stuck in wisdom tooth hole 2 weeks after)
Food Stuck In Wisdom Tooth Hole 2 Weeks After
What Can I Do To Prevent Food Getting Stuck?
It starts with a small pain. If the food particles are not removed, bacteria would build upon this food particle, and then increase the velocity of the pain. Actually, it may not cause any infection. But the rate at which headache accompanies this is outrageous. Hence, it’s essential we both consider immediate removal, to avoid pains. (Food Stuck In Wisdom Tooth Hole)
Read: How To Get Bigger Thigh
As soon as the wound begins to heal up, the hole would be covered with a healthy layer of new cells. to protect the deeper tissues from bacteria. After this, even when you have food particles going within the socket, it is unlikely that they result in infection.
Few of the Several Benefits You’ll Get From Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Damage To a Nearby Teeth
Due to limited space, the wisdom tooth can abnormally grow and this can cause damage to the nearby teeth. But to prevent this damage, the tooth requires extraction. Also, if the tooth is causing gum infection, it should be removed.
- Freedom from Extensive Tooth Decay
Extraction is a solution to an extensively decayed wisdom tooth and a refusal to extract the tooth on time might lead to infection and abscess (pus) formation.
Yet, the wisdom tooth isn’t mandatory to be plunged off if
It is stationed appropriately and chewing rightly with their opposing teeth.
it’s fully grown out and completely developed in the mouth.
it’s healthy. When it’s neither decayed, painful or infected, it’s not necessary to remove it.
It can be cleaned as part of daily oral hygiene practice.
How Long Does It Take For The Tooth Hole To Close Up?
Well, the time longevity taken for the tooth hole to close up is determined by certain factors:
• If the tooth was removed surgically due to abnormal stationing, in such a way that it required removal of overlying bone and/or mucosa, it may take around 3–4 weeks to close up depending on how traumatic it was and the time taken to remove the tooth.
• If the tooth was removed with minimal trauma to the surrounding tissues (especially the bone), the hole is expected to seal close up withing the second or third day. The gum tissue often covers the wound in the range of two to five days. (food stuck in wisdom tooth hole 2 weeks after)
• Underlying medical conditions like uncontrolled diabetes, anaemia, and many other diseases can prolong healing.
• Should there be any infection following the removal, it may also demand more time for the hole to seal up.
Immediately the hole seals up, you don’t need to care about particles getting stuck in the hole again.
Considering all these, it’s then crucial to understand the certain to take. Don’t worry about when food gets hooked in the hole of the wisdom tooth. food stuck in wisdom tooth hole 2 weeks after, Then, it’s helpful you make sure the post-extraction guidelines are followed effectively to avoid complications.
Kindly share your last experience with a stuck food particle in your teeth. and How To Get Food Out Of Wisdom Tooth Hole
Share with friends and family on Facebook and other media platforms.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?